CCO Programs and Departments
Cancer Care Ontario is the provincial agency responsible for continually improving cancer services. As the government’s cancer advisor, Cancer Care Ontario:
- Directs and oversees close to $700 million public health care dollars to hospitals and other cancer care providers to deliver high quality, timely cancer services.
- Implements provincial cancer prevention and screening programs designed to reduce cancer risks and raise screening participation rates.
- Works with cancer care professionals and organizations to develop and implement quality improvements and standards.
- Uses electronic information and technology to support health professionals and patient self-care and to continually improve the safety, quality, efficiency, accessibility and accountability of cancer services.
- Plans cancer services to meet current and future patient needs, and works with health care providers in every Local Health Integration Network to continually improve cancer care for the people they serve.
- Rapidly transfers new research into improvements and innovations in clinical practice and cancer service delivery.
This work is led and carried out by Cancer Care Ontario’s Programs and Departments.
Thu, Mar 05, 2009