The Ontario Renal Network (ORN) is a new organization leading a province-wide effort to better organize and manage the delivery of renal services. The ORN consists of a provincial office and 14 regional renal programs.
- prevent or delay the need for dialysis
- broaden appropriate chronic kidney disease patient care options
- improve the quality of all stages of chronic kidney disease care
- create and promote standards and guidelines for quality renal care
- develop information systems and performance measures
- assess needs and capacity planning
Ontario Renal Plan
A comprehensive roadmap for how ORN will work together with its partners to reduce the risk of Ontarians developing end stage renal disease, while improving the quality of care and treatment for current and future patients.
Cancer Care Ontario's role in the ORN
Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) has a proven track record in driving change and quality improvement in Ontario’s cancer system. Ontario Renal Network is housed at CCO and will use our experience to:
- develop a strategic plan to provide direction to the provincial Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) program
- articulate provincial CKD priorities
- monitor performance and quality of care
During the ramp-up of the ORN, CCO is working closely with Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) to promote a collaborative approach to improving care for chronic kidney disease.
Fri, Sep 18, 2015